Monday, September 20, 2010

A boy saying good bye to one of his dogs.

Didn't know you too long Peanut. I remember when we first met. You were pathetic looking. A sorry excuse for a wiener dog if I ever saw one! I asked your then current owner about you, and suddenly I was your current owner! I picked you up and brought you to introduce you to your younger bigger brother, Kaiser! You were both pretty wary of each other, and the first thing you did was EAT! You WERE a skinny bugger, but you fattened up really quick! You learned your way around the house and pretty soon we weren't surprised to see a pile of clothes wriggling around and your long nose poke out of it. Of course, because you smelled so bad (EVEN AFTER BATHS!), we had to wash the clothes AGAIN, but it didn't matter, you seemed happier than when we first got you, and that's all that mattered to me. I hope that your last few months here were comfortable, and that you were happy. As happy as a dog can be. I know the night that you came out of the bedroom, walked right up to me with that look in your eyes, my heart broke. I knew there was something that I was going to have to do that was going to break my heart, and in the end, I gave the go ahead to have you put down. I'm sorry. You made my life better, you gave Kaiser someone to play with and Jessica someone to love behind my back. LOL. You were a good dog. I hope that you're time with us was as full of love as a dog can feel. I think you guys don't get the credit you deserve. Your tail wags no matter what, you're ornery personality is particularly all your own, and you love. Unconditionally you love. You taught me alot about myself, through your life and through your passing. I hope that in return, you were content in my care. I have made a vow to protect those in my keep, and I am truly sorry I couldn't comfortably prolong your life. You were a good dog Peanut. I hope I was a good boy to you. You deserved a good boy.
I love you, pup.
So good-bye then. I wish you the best.

1 comment:

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I'm so sorry Jon. He sounds like he was a wonderful dog! I'm glad he no longer has to hurt.
Love you bro,
Amy