Thursday, March 1, 2012

A great Story about Chicago and God making Dreams come True.

Psalm 37:4

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.




Just the other day I had a dream. In this dream I was attending some kind of conference in Chicago. There was some miscellaneous round about that happened that I don't quite recall and the dream was done. I made a quick post about it and that was that. I had always really wanted to see the big cities. Like REALLY, and especially now with that bug that's bitten EVERYONE else taking a chunk of my heart with photography, I REALLY want to see what's out there. When I was 13, I got this opportunity, but I didn't fully realize what was going on. A cross country straight drive from Lubbock Texas to Lansing Michigan was my idea of an awesome trip, but I ended up sleeping for a VAST majority of the trip. I think the only thing I may remember about Chicago was the interstate and an 18 wheeler getting majorly close. Also, my uncle had some kinda rad caffeine pills that he and my pop used to get the trip over with. Anyway, back to life. I posted this dream and Jessica and myself kind of get around to talking about the possibilities of getting up there sometime in our lifetimes. We reach the conclusion that as long as we don't have kids right now, we should try and accomplish all of the things that might be a bit harder with children in the equation. We decide one late evening that we are going to try to do this. A close friend of ours named Jenni see's the post and comments about how she went to a conference up there last year and how we might could try to go to THAT. I get all giddy about the possibility, but after talking prices and such, it still seems like such a far shot! So we really kinda strategize one night as the rain falls and come up with sort of half a plan. I'm going to talk to our pastor at the church about seeing if the church will send its youth pastor and Jr. High youth teacher to this conference. The upside would be that we go and pick up valuable insights on creativity and new up and coming worship bands and the like, the other side would be asking the church if they could possibly foot the bill for four tickets at the early bird registration reduced price giving US some time to pay them back for two of the tickets. I approach the pastor and he reacts favorably and says that he'll talk to the folks in admin at the church about this possibility. I'm feeling pretty good about this, but it's still in the back of my head.
I allow myself to dream a bit. I go to some Chicago websites and stuff, really just soaking it all in. I don't hear back from the pastor. I just let it lie. But it's back there, just kinda gnawing at my consciousness, Chicago, Story (the name of the conference we would be attending), the road trip, the never before experienced experiences we would experience. I'm getting excited about something that is by no means actually happening yet.
Cut to Tuesday, I am getting SLAMMED by allergies. I decide pretty early on during the day that I am just going to take easy as this is my last full day off before working a couple of night shifts. I get a call from Jenni about 1 in the afternoon. She says she has a story that I have got to hear. So I just listen. Here goes-----

She says that at last years conference they were taking donations for a project that would be undertaken for this year. Just this weekend, Jenni receives an e-mail stating that the project, for whatever reasons, isn't going to happen. The email states that they are refunding all of the donations that were made in light of this information. Jenni replies and tells them that if no one ever did anything that wasn't a sure thing, nothing great would ever get done! She tells them to keep up the good work and to keep the money. To this generosity, the person on the other end of the email replies with THREE FREE REGISTRATIONS FOR STORY 2012.

As she is telling me this story I can't stop saying how cool and awesome this whole situation is. I say it at least 30 times. No lie.
Now all we have to do is come up with ONE ticket!! WOOT!!!

I am blown away at God's proclivity to answering our hearts desires. Even those lost to the monotony of the daily grind. Those lost to the impossibilities of budgeting or scheduling. Even the desires that you just kind of wrote off as childish. God listens.  Ian Malcolm may once have said, "Life finds a way." But I am telling you right now, where there is absolutely no way to be found, God MAKES one.

No comments: