Wednesday, July 2, 2008

a contented sigh.

And a praise report.
First off, an update with how things have been going with the police tryouts.

I ran on Wednesday night. In order to qualify for the entrance Physical Testing I have to run 1 1/2 miles in 14:13. Yes, that's right. Fourteen minutes and thirteen seconds. For those of you out there who are saying, "Oh come now Jon, I can walk a mile in 10 minutes! I do it all the time!" I reply to you....Great. That is really.... neat. I have to say that running WAS not something that I did on a regular basis. Those of you who know me...know this. I have to run it. I am not a runner...however, on Wednesday night July 25th, I had my first time trials. I ran it in 16:50.

That's right...Sixteen minutes and fifty seconds. So they told me to come back on June 30 to run it again. This time I would absolutely have to get it within two minutes of 14:13. So I needed 16:13 to survive. I wanted 14:13, but I would settle for anything under 16:13.

I ran.

I made a 14:43.

I am 30 seconds shy. I get one more opportunity on Monday morning. 9am. I can do this. Pray for me. I got the push ups and sit ups down! Also. I heard some exciting news through scuttlebutt at work today but have yet to recieve official confirmation from the Sgt in charge of the try outs. As soon as I get that, I will post it here!

I was sitting on the bed right before this second run and Jessica m beautiful wife was massaging my back, a source of pain and slowness on my first run. Kaiser ran up and over me on the bed and plopped his self right on down. He stretched his little paws out and kinda yawned. Then he was just still. There was sort of a tiny dog smile on his face, and then he just sighed. I felt great knowing that he could just come in there, trust us enough to nod off and chill out next to us. Not expecting to be petted or a treat or anything, he just wanted to be near us.


I wonder if God ever just wants that from us. Just to sit there and be with Him. I guess so or He would never have said in His word "Be still and know that I am God." Try that sometime, just think of all that He has brought you through and all He has done for you...and just be there with him. Where ever you are. He's always there. If you are in good times or in bad times...Just be there with Him. put your head on His (proverbial) shoulder and sigh.


Go see my new video on my myspace. It's the trailer for the new Bond. SWEET.
jon

No comments: