Friday, June 20, 2008

A nice big fat lazy dog.

To say that I am content would be an understatement. To say that I am happy would hit a little closer to home.

I have been reviewing my life thus far and have come to the conclusion that I am blessed.

I visited home last weekend and hung out with my fam and my dad for fathers day. The original reason I wanted to go was to see my grandfather, who promptly left town. See my friends grandfather died and I didn't want the next time I saw my grandfather or grandmother to be in their death beds...or coffins. So off me and my blessing of a family went...Jessica, Kaiser and Myself to the great far away of Lubbock Texas. I was happy to keep the trip tho because God arranged for me to get in some INCREDIBLE quality time with my parents. Mom and Dad, who for the longest time have been heckling me and my wife for a grandchild no longer have to wait on us....BIG NEWS on the Nathan Martinez front... my little brother is going to be a FATHER!!! this is a HUGE WOOT! yet it is still early...so we play the waiting game until Nathan Jr. pops out. or Jean Jr.

I'm listening to the rain outside. It is pouring down in a torrent. I am amazed at how constantly God provides. Pineville city officials have been contemplating a water...not ban...but uh...i forget the word... anyway, restraint.... to conserve what we have in our reserves. I started to think, the animals don't have a water reserve, nor do the trees. The grass has none either. Then the rains came. The things of this earth don't have a water reserve not because they lack the understanding (i've seen ants smarter than some people), not because of the lack of opposable thumbs... (i saw a monkey pick his nose and scratch his butt with the same foot!), but because they know...beyond any other thing that WE think they should know...THAT GOD WILL BE THERE FOR THEM. Now the wisdom we see in the ants and squirrels that horde food and dodge shoes and shotguns, respectively, is that they know even better than we do...that even tho God is always there.... They need to care for what HE has given them, so that they will live to be there for His next giving. He will always be there and He will always give... but if we don't take care of ourselves and the things he has blessed us with...we may not be able to recieve or even enjoy what He gives when He gives it.

So take this any way you will...

I know that even by typing it I have learned what God was telling me about me.
Hope you enjoy the rain...it's always there.



In other news, I had my Police Board Interview, it was fairly brutal. They really hammered in on the fact that many of them sincerely believe that Christianity and Police work don't go together.

But we'll see when I am wearing the badge how it affects me.

Keep me in prayer...I still have to move this 210 pound body one and a half miles in just fourteen minutes and thirteen seconds.







"But that bird doesn't have any wings...and it's only got one leg."Bret McKenzie
Jon

No comments: